Research Associates (Two) / Research Assistants (Two)
The India Institute for Critical Action: Center in Movement (CACIM) is looking for Research Associates (two posts) and Research Assistants (two posts) to assist in its work on finance and financial institutions.
Responsibilities will include :
- Conducting research and analysis of policies and investments of financial institutions.
- Maintaining and updating the database.
- Supporting research and analysis on selected problem projects that are being monitored by South Asia partners. Analysis will focus on the governance, safeguards and other relevant thematic issues on these investments. Written products will feed into the advocacy strategy of civil society organizations and the communities they support.
- Monitoring developments of key financial institutions in their policies, sectoral strategies and projects that have major impact on people and economy.
- Organising and leading workshops, meetings and other capacity building activities.
Responding to requests for information about the financial institutions.
Desired Qualification / skills: No formal degree required but should have a thorough understanding about the finance and financial institutions. In addition, openness to learn, strong writing skills, analytical mind and an inter-disciplinary approach are required.
Experience: Minimum 4 years for Research Associates and 2 years for Research Assistants in similar or related capacities.
Location: The work will be based in New Delhi, India. However, it will also involve some travel within India.
Salary: Commensurate with the qualification and experience of the candidate. The initial contract will be for one year.
Contact: Send your detailed CV (including personal, educational, employment details and references) along with a covering note explaining ‘Why I think I am the right candidate’ (details below) to .
Only selected applicants will be contacted and the person selected will be expected to join from February 15, 2017.
Why do you think you are the right candidate?
Please explain in brief in relation to the following points; but feel free to add further points:
- Your involvement and familiarity with the finance and financial institutions
- Your experience of doing analytical work. Please submit 2 writing samples.
- Your ability to plan programmes, work independently within a small team, and evidence of your capacity to plan and implement events and processes successfully
- Your sensitivity to gender, intercultural, and diversity issues
- Your willingness to travel and openness to work outside prescribed work periods.
- Any other necessary information, which you may have to offer.